Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/5 Lecture: Doug Bucci

From [Lauren Lee]

Doug Bucci works with jewelry and metals. He had a lot to say about being a student, and even about being a modern day artist. He had plenty of advice as well. He said that the voices of all of his professors will be stuck in his head forever, and that they still influence him in his creations today. I think that this is very interesting and true. I can still hear my high school art teacher, and art teachers from the programs that I took throughout high school. Doug Bucci also emphasized the fact that one should always feel uncomfortable, and that the second one doesn't, they have stopped learning. The last thing that I took from the lecture was that I need to somewhat break the rules while still staying within the framework.

No comments:

Post a Comment