Tuesday, September 28, 2010

9/28 Lecture: Marianne Dages

Marianne Dages concentrated most on the subject of the artist's studio during her speech. She is a letter press printer and a book binder. As a college graduate from the University of the Arts, her advice was to either join a community studio, collaborate with others, or seek a work partner. She also advised that as a student, I should take full advantage of the studio space and equipment that is provided for me. As far as the studio goes, today I learned that I must make my studio space my own, and that I should make it readily accessible. Lastly, Marianne Dages said that I should begin thinking about all of this now so that my ideas can fully develop. I was really interested in what she had to say, and I feel that it will be very helpful.

From [Lauren Lee]

No comments:

Post a Comment